Leisure Swim Times
Open Swim (Leisure Pool)
Mon, Tue & Wed: 3:00pm–5:00pm
The Leisure Pool is open to anyone for recreational or fitness swimming during Open Swim.
At this time you have the opportunity to play, water walk, exercise, socialize or just relax in our warm water pool. The Slide and Lazy River are not available during this time.
Swim-Slide-Splash (Slide / Lazy River)
Sat & Sun: 1:00pm–4:00pm
This is a time for children and families to practice their swimming skills or just have fun. The entire leisure pool is open; we alternate the lazy river and slide. Spray features are on continuously.
Participants wishing to swim in the deep water must pass a swim test. All children 4 years and under must be accompanied by an adult in the water or be able to pass a swim test without a lifejacket. You must be at least 48 inches to go down the slide.
Work Out Swim Times
Mon – Thur : 7:00am-11:00am
Mon – Thur: 3:00pm-7:00pm
Sat & Sun: Noon- 1:00pm
This is an opportunity for swimmers to train and exercise in the lap pool. Lifeguards make every effort to manage the lap lanes and group swimmers according to ability and workout needs. Lanes are shared and circle swimming is required in lanes with three or more swimmers. There is not a minimum age requirement, but participants must be swimming laps. A minimum of two lanes are available for all lap swim times.
Adult Swim (Leisure Pool)
Mon- Thur: 7:00am-9:00am*
Sat & Sun: 12:00pm-1:00pm
Use the leisure pool the way you like: stretching, water exercise, light swimming, or relaxation. Space available varies depending on other programs. Play features are not turned on during this swim. This time is for adults (16+) only.
* A lap lane will be in place during the Mon – Thur 7:00am-9:00am time.
Mon – Thu: 10:00am-11:00am
Sat & Sun: 12:00pm-1:00pm
The Lazy River is open during these times for water walking and jogging. The water jets are turned on to create a current that increases resistance for a great workout. This is an excellent time for low-impact exercising and injury rehabilitation this time is for adults (16+) only.
We are your swimming lesson experts! Our instructors are certified to teach lessons to all ages and ability levels.
We offer group lessons as will as private and semi private lessons.
The Mendocino Coast Sea Dragons swim team is a year-round swimming club that meets at the C. V. Starr Center and supports swimmers of all ages and abilities in achieving their swimming goals. The Mendocino Coast Sea Dragons are an independent organization that rents Lap Pool lanes at the C. V. Starr Community Center.
There are a number of drop in exercise classes that are included in the facility entrance fee.
- Aqua Zumba®
- Deep Water Aerobics
- Arthritis Foundation Water Exercise Class
- Water Fitness For Everyone
Health & Safety Courses
Lifeguarding is a great job and puts you in the exciting position of working as part of a team to help others enjoy water activates safely. Adult and Pediatric First Aid/ CPR /AED workshops are also taught. Certifications are nationally recognized.
* Please note that not all activities will be available for online registration.
* C. V. Starr Community Center/ Mendocino Coast Recreation and Park District Enrichment Class Refund Policy. If a program is canceled by the Center, the registrant will receive a credit on account or a refund check for the full amount may be requested. If a participant wishes to drop out of a class they must notify the center in person or by phone. When a refund is requested to be a credit on account there is no fee, if a participant requests a refund by check there is a $10 administrative fee deducted from the refund amount. To be eligible for a refund a participant must notify the center at least three days before the first day of the class. Refund requests made after this deadline will not be granted.
*Registrations are non-transferable. Split attendance is not allowed.