MCRPD Regional Park
Mendocino Cypress Pygmy Forest Information
- Pygmy Forest an Ecologic Staircase
- Structure and Function of bacterial communities in ageing soils Insights from the Mendocino Ecological Staircase
- The Pygmy Forest-Podsol Ecosystem and its Dune Associates of the Mendocino Coast
- Dorothy King Young Chapter Litigates to Protect Pygmy Forest
- Hans Jenny at the Pygmy Forest by Logan
- Mendocino Pygmy Cypress Forest
- Pygmy Forest Jenny 1973
What's Up With the Hwy 20 Property?
This property is owned by Mendocino Coast Recreation and Park District (MCRPD) and consists of 586 acres including much of the Newman Gulch Watershed, the municipal water source for the city of Fort Bragg. Unique habitats exist here, including sphagnum bogs and 150 acres of Mendocino Cypress Pygmy Forest. These areas need to be protected from damage.