Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update, Mar 13, 2020
The C. V. Starr Community Center always practices safety and disinfection precautions with the public best interest in mind. Due to the recent COVID-19 outbreak we have heightened some practices.
- Extra Hand Sanitizer stations have been placed through the facility.
- Extra signage has been placed in the weight room reminding patrons that they must wipe down equipment after use.
- Signs have been placed on the exterior doors advising patrons to follow CDC recommendations if feel ill or have been ill recently.
- Counter tops and door handles are cleaned every 2 hours.
- New cleaning agents have been purchased and are now being used daily
~ The new cleaning agents are particular products that were engineered to combat the SARS epidemic of 2003. These products kill viruses germs and bacteria within 5 minutes and they shield the surfaces for up to 24 to 48 hours. New programs and products are being researched and will be applied and or changed as needed.
- Chlorine levels in the pools are 3.0 or higher in the Lap Pool and 4.0 or higher in the Leisure Pool. The CDC recommends that free chlorine in pools be no less that 1.0 and no greater than 10.0
- Our pool Ultra Violet sanitization system was recently replaced and is in perfect working order.
- Lifeguards consistently sanitize the pool area including the floor, rails and sitting areas.