How can you help your child succeed?
- Observe all pool rules.
- Supervise your child in the locker rooms. There are two family changing rooms available for your convenience.
- Tie back your child’s long hair before their lesson.
- Provide your child with goggles for Preschool Aquatics Level 3 and Learn to Swim Levels 2 and higher (for beginning levels students should not use goggles as they are learning to open their eyes underwater and be comfortable in the water without reliance on equipment).
- Watch your child’s lesson from the seated areas on the perimeter of the pool deck. Often watching your child in close proximity will distract your child.
- Support your child by praising his or her progress.
- Understand that children develop swimming skills at different rates. Avoid putting pressure on achievement; encourage your child to enjoy swim lessons and take pride in personal success.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please talk to the instructor or front desk staff.